Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Free Choice Photography

This is my favorite photo I took for this assignment. Yes, I know I split the background, and it may be a little too dark. However, What I went through to get this photo makes it special to me. It was a full moon, with only a few wispy clouds in the sky. The wind was dead calm. The only sound was the occasional gargle of water in rocks, or the gentle rustle of leaves. The time was almost 11:00. I had already spent about 45 minutes crawling around, framing shot with the moon and the water, pressing the shutter, waiting, (a long time), then finally seeing the photo, which nine times out of ten was either blurry or underexposed. This is the type of photography I love. It includes nature, water, and low light. As you may already be able to tell, I am not the best at low light photography. I have a general idea of the Iso, aperture and exposure and what they do, but I just turn the settings until the photo looks right. What drives me to keep taking pictures like this is the pure serenity of the moment which I want to capture. I love being the only moving thing on a silent, beautiful night by the ocean. In fact, the photography is just an excuse for me to get out there. Absorbing the silence of nature is a kind of meditation for me. It allows me to relax my thoughts and collect myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment