Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hot. Cool. Yours.

        It is amazing how many different letters are lurking around us. I think that this is a case of if you know what you are looking for, then you shall find it. This helped me with my learning because it shows that it is possible to find things that are not that obvious if you just look for them. Also, the geometry of our words helped us. We picked word with many Os. There are a ton of circular objects in our surroundings and not many Rs. If I did this project again I would choose another word with many Os or Is. This is important to my learning because it helped me understand what shapes that look like letters are most common in our environment. In addition, I learned how to use photoshop more efficiently. I learned the shortcut for black and white. Also I gained a greater understanding of how to use the brightness and contrast sliders to the right amount. Photoshop is a very important tool for any photographer to understand. It is interesting to see how some compositions "read" and others do not. It is very startling when the word pops out and makes sense. We had to go through two revisions to make sure that the objects read correctly to form a word. Photoshop and the revision process are very important things for any photographer to understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment